Thursday 22 March 2012

Portable Change Mat

When my sister-in-law, Carley, was getting ready to have a baby I decided to make her a portable change mat because I was always grossed out going into the parents rooms to change nappies because half the time they never had any papertoweling to put down and even when they did, it looked so uncomfortable for them and they slid around everywhere on it.  So after seeing something similar at the North Qld Babies and Kids Markets when living in Mackay, I decided to give it a go myself. 

I used terry towelling for them to lie on so that it was comfortable, but also easy to wash.


Folds up nicely and attaches with velcro to look like a trendy clutch
There are two pockets at the bottom which hold a wipes case, nappy bags and a couple of nappies so that everything is kept in one place.  There is also a removable crinkly taggie to entertain them while you change their nappy and if they don't want to give it up when your done, then you simply detach it so they can still play with it.



If you want to learn how to make the crinkly taggies then try this link http://www.joyshope.com/2009/05/baby-crinkle-square-tutorial.html



I also made an easier version for my friend Brooke's little cutie, Coops, which was just a change mat cover instead which simply straps together under the change mat mattress using velcro and also has a detachable crinkly taggie.



Little Coops loves it!

No comments:

Post a Comment