Thursday 12 April 2012

Easter Fun!



Well even though Easter is officially over, the chocolates are still flowing....

The Easter Bunny was very kind to me this year leaving my husband and I a jar of goodies each (he he).



One of the fun things I found for the kids this year was these 'Growing Chicks'.  They are eggs which once placed in water, slowly over about 48 hours, start to break open and a chick will hack out. Then over a further 5 or so days the chick will grow to its full size.

The kids loved waking up each day and checking how much more their eggs had cracked.  I only gave one to my 2 and 6 year olds because I thought my 10 year old boy was too old for it, but I did find him checking on them and getting quite excited and showing the other kids at times.  It just goes to show that we are never too old for a bit of fun!

Day 1

Day 3

Day 5




A very cute solution to having to deal with real eggs and chicks I must say.  This one was a winner for me and the kids!

No comments:

Post a Comment