Thursday 12 April 2012

I've Got It Covered!

My very first project was a Quilt I made with the help of my lovely Mother.  I knew that she wanted one of her daughters to be able to sew so that she had someone to pass her sewing machine down to in her Will (her words not mine).  Anyway, it turned out to be a really fun project to work on together.  She picked material for her Quilt and I picked material for mine and then she showed me how to do it step by step. The end result was a perfect reflection of me and matches beautifully in my loungeroom.  On top of that, it is soooo warm and cosy, I decided to line mine with a chocolate velvity cord which my mother was a bit concerned about at the time, but it turned out PERFECT!

Planning out the pattern I wanted


The end result



No comments:

Post a Comment